Wednesday, June 21, 2006

38 weeks 4 days



"For goodness sake, haven't you had that baby yet?" said people that know Kate.

I smile my smile, look down, and reply, "Not yet, thanks."

We are due next Saturday (on or about) and although they predicted I would go early, obviously, I have not. I am literally the size of the Crysler Building and with the humidity, just as shiny. I am keeping busy in the garden and at playdates, the park and pool and library with Aidan.

I have had three bouts with false labor, the latest occuring last Friday. We have had lots of support from our amazing group of friends and our close-knit families while I rested and tried to keep this baby inside. Now I say, bring it on! We don't know the gender of the baby, so it will be a lovely surprise and a good goal to get through the labor.

In other news, my big brother Matty is tying the knot to his wonderful girl, Jayne, this Saturday. We are so very excited for them. The wedding and reception are happening at the local restaurant Lurcat (on Loring Park). The whole family is abuzz and it will be Aidan's first wedding!

Aidan will turn 3 in August, on the 8th. He is busy exploring the world and working on his manners, which are really coming along. He is interested in how things work, like toilets, bodies, drains, and most of all balloons and the air that fills them. He loves the idea of the baby and makes plans daily of how he will help, what toys he will share, and what food he will give the baby (that one makes me a bit nervous). He helped put the nursery together and has been "playing baby" in recent weeks, where he wants to wrapped like a burrito and rocked, all the while, making what he thinks are baby sounds, most of which only Ty can hear.

More very soon. Thanks for all of your calls, emails, and love sent from miles around.

Pictures above are of Jayne's shower two weekends ago (L to R my sister Meg, Jayne's mom, Nancy, me, Jayne, my Mom) and one of Aidan at his friend Sophia's birthday party.

No comments: