Friday, July 11, 2008

Working it out

I have completed my first full week of work, which is one full day and one half day. It went very smoothly. Very well indeed! I expect that some weeks will be more difficult. But I really enjoyed myself, and actually felt spread evenly instead of very, very thin.

I figured out another bonus very quickly that I hadn't thought of before: listening to my own music. First up: Foo Fighters. As a few know, the man I loved just before Joel was Dave Grohl. When I met Joel I had a little shrine in my Bryant Ave S apartment on the fridge. I was a bit obsessed but was in the middle of a one year self-imposed boyfriend hiatus and felt it was part of that. At least that is how I explained it. Had Mr. Grohl himself come to my Bryant Ave S apt, he would have looked for the quickest way out I am sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I am also back to work for the summer only, a temp job. 4 days a week with Wednesdays off. It is good practice for when I return to the working world in a year or so. The clothes, I know what you mean! So nice to be able to dress up more often. My favorite is the all day air-conditioning!

Back from England said...

What is the latest on the homefront and job? Are you still enjoying it. It sounds great to be out and working in the other world for a few days a week. Looking forward to hearing more.
XO Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit jealous of you, Kate. I often wish I could go out and get a job just so I had something of my very own. But going out to get a job, even part-time, scares me a bit. It's been about 4 1/2 years since I've worked.
As for the clothes, I used to be sad about it. Then I realized that I set my own dress code. So I, on a lot of days, wear dresses and my nicer outfits. And when we're doing crafts or I'm cleaning, I just strap on an apron (the Williams Sonoma aprons are great because they wash well, have big pockets, and look darn cute) and I'm good to go.