Thursday, August 07, 2008


Cole turns two

Our little fighter turned two on July 1. Two! Does this make me want to have another is the most often asked question I have found with a child turning two. No, it does not. It makes me want to have exactly two, thanks! I would think about another if I could get six months of good sleep. That is when I would entertain the thought of having another. Until then, it would just be irresponsible. I guess that's an unresolved topic.

Our year with Cole has been remarkable. He was not walking or speaking six months ago. Now, he is nearly running (tears here). And he is having conversations. One recent one went like this:

Cole: "Mama! More see-reel! Pleeeese!

Me: "Ok, Coleman, I'll be there in a minute, Mama's going potty."

Cole: "OK Mama!"

I was astonished that he replied back to me. Even Aidan commented about it.

We worked hard, gave up a lot, and it paid off. There's nothing better on Earth or beyond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Cole's second birthday! And what an amazing year it's been for him. I can see why you are so proud.
It's amazing the number of times that parents to young children get asked if they are ready for more? Uhh...we haven't quite figured out how to go out with two yet, let alone start thinking about adding another to the mix. I guess that's why we're adopting. Kaiden will be around 6 and Colby will be 8 when she gets here. Perhaps we'll have figured it out by then.