Thursday, June 26, 2008


Making Nice

I am reading The Seven Stages of Motherhood by Ann Pleshette Murphy right now. I have come across so many good passages in this book that validate and support my life as a parent. One in particular sticks out today: making friends as a grown woman.

I have been blessed to have made many of my close friends in the last five years. Then last fall, I was doubly blessed when I met a woman named Maren. Ah, Maren. We just get each other, enough that we skipped all the beginning stages and awkwardness. We fast forwarded to the nitty gritty stuff within days of knowing each other. She has an amazing sense of style, she is vulnerable, present, and is a natural mother to her two children. Talking to her on the phone is something I make time for, whether is trading complaints or ideas for our standing night out.

The best part is, I am myself with her. Which on the best day is flawed beyond belief. Maren, you are amazing! Thanks.

1 comment:

the blad pad said...

Oh, Kate. What can I say? I love you. . . and that awesome photo of us. I couldn't agree more. I am blessed.