Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yapping and Napping

So Coleman has been yap yap yapping in his crib for about ten days until 10ish. So it occurred to me yesterday (why does it take so long to realize stuff with your kids? sleep deprivation? supreme love?) that he is yapping for about the same amount of time at night that he is napping during the day. He's. Giving. Up. His. Nap. May the Gods be with me.

I have never heard of a child giving up their nap this early. Please write with stories of others doing so to console me. Write soon and often.

So today we went to the park at 10, stayed until 1. Ate lunch, then headed to the pool until 4.

He was asleep by 7:20. Down for the count.

Guess I figured that out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't figure them out because YOU CAN'T FIGURE THEM OUT. They're never the same. My 2yo, who usually naps between 2 and 3 hours, had a week a while back when he wouldn't nap at all. I freaked out but persevered, and he went back to napping.

Don't give up that nap without a fight, I say.

Anonymous said...

No worries, Kate. Colby stopped napping at 1 1/2 years and Kaiden stopped napping about the same time, too. It takes some time to adjust to no naps, but it will work out just fine in time. I thought it was the end of the world when each of them stopped taking naps, but it was only the end of the world for about a week. Then we got our new schedules on track and we were good to go! Best of Luck.

Kate said...

Indeed. But also a little victory, if just for today.

Kate said...

Thanks Deb. That is helpful to hear!