Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yipee yi kai-yay

I woke up today with a purpose: to get downtown by 11:30 with both boys. The reason: to see my dear big brother play on Peavy (not PV) Plaza. It is an outdoor sunken garden right off Orchestra Hall. My brother and his cohort, John, have a little acoustic duo going, and it is Acoustic Tuesday after all.

We packed a picnic lunch and headed down. First stop, Nana's. We picked her up and parked, arrived with time to spare and got a spot up front. We see Matty and John on stage and Aidan is thrilled to know the person performing. Not hard for Aidan, but he felt special. Then arrives Adelheid and Henry with Elizabeth in tow. Then Dayna (my BFF), Renee, and their kickball teammate Ed. Then Jayne (my SIL) with Chase, then her 6 friends, then her Mom. Then comes my Dad. We had a entire section filled with family and friends. From a distance, I saw Matty's college friends had arrived. What a group!

It was perfect weather and was enjoyed by all. Aidan went to spend the day with Nana and Cole fell asleep on the way home. Lovely.

No comments: